Summer is here!! I could not be more excited. I still have time that needs to be dedicated to summer work but now a lot more time has opened up to allow me to write again!
It’s been a while since I’ve been able to dedicate so much to writing so I’m going to start with some small goals.
- Write for ten minutes every day. One of the greatest challenges I have is finding time to write every day even when I have nothing else planned. Even on busy days, I know I’ll be able to find ten minutes to write, even if I have to split it up in five minute increments.
- Finish Joyce Carol Oates Masterclass. I started this class a month ago but had to stop because the amount of schoolwork was too much. I found it helpful and informative when I watched it then so I want to learn more from it now.
- Write three short stories. I’m not putting a word count on these stories. I tend to write on the shorter side so creating a goal of writing three 5K word short stories isn’t feasible.
- First draft of untitled fantasy novel. Although there’s no title for it yet, I have had a lot of fun writing this book. If I succeed in completing the first draft of the novel this summer, I’ll be on my way to write the second draft for Nanowrimo in November.
- Post a blog for KEAP at least every other week. KEAP is my environmental blog where I discuss scientific innovations and (obviously) the environment. It’s been neglected now (like this blog) for at least a month. It’s time I start posting more frequently on it.
- Post a blog a week for writing/reading blog. Like KEAP, this blog has been neglected for too long. I want to talk about books more and now I can. In the process, maybe I’ll improve my writing!
That’s it for my summer goals! It would be amazing if I completed them all, but even completing half of these goals is a victory.